NEW custom search, includes forums, wiki, github issues, TC sourcecode, irc logs, doxygen automated documentation; read more here
Photo

[HELP!] Getting Server Public?

public

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 bostwickjr

bostwickjr

• Plebs
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

OK so ive literally have spend all day yesterday trying to get this server public ive worked on the server database for a little over 6 Months and would like to have my friends join ive done everything humanly possible first i got a Static IP, Then Forwarded 8085 and 3724, Edited my host files, got a DNS (No-IP), i changed my Realm list to the DNS, gave the DNS to my friend and he says he is stuck on logging into game server, im the only one that is able to get into the server but thats only because im 127.0.0.1 (localhost).

I currently have the Modem/Router C1000a (Centrylink), i have talked with my ISP they say it is fully capable of running a World of warcraft private server. i looked on my router it even has a tab to easily forward ports needed for a private server..... of course its the arcemu port so i had to go in and do the ports my self.

i swear if its like a 1 step process or like 1 thing im missing... ima be mad lol

Spoiler

#2 Paradox

Paradox

Know it all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

try using your external IP instead of your no-ip hostname, if it still doesn't work, at least you have ruled that out.

#3 bostwickjr

bostwickjr

• Plebs
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:49 AM

try using your external IP instead of your no-ip hostname, if it still doesn't work, at least you have ruled that out.

Tryed :( no luck

#4 Posthumus

Posthumus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

I posted this checklist on several other posts. If you search DNS a ton of other posts come up. Hope this helps.

Your neighbor has the wtf modified with the public IP (DNS)... (check)
Your neighbor is using the exact version to connect to your machine... (check)
Your machine has the DB, the authserver, and worldserver all running on it... (check)
Everything from the .conf has localhost or 127.0.0.1... (check)
Your router has 8085 and 3724 forwarded... (check)
The firewalls are enabled to communicate through 8085 and 3724... (check)
Your neighbor can ping the public IP (DNS) that you obtained from, lets say whatismyip.com ... (check)
You verified that public IP matches the DNS that you are hosting... (check)
Last but, not least. You put the public IP in the DB.realmist, and relaunched authserver... (check)

Your neighbor is able to connect... (fail)

1 of the above steps is either missing, or needs to be reconfigured.

I forgot to mention. If you modify your own .wtf file with your public IP (as if you are outside) and able to connect,.. than so can your neighbor ;)

The box said "Requires Windows XP or better." So I installed Linux...

#5 bostwickjr

bostwickjr

• Plebs
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

I posted this checklist on several other posts. If you search DNS a ton of other posts come up. Hope this helps.

Your neighbor has the wtf modified with the public IP (DNS)... (check)
Your neighbor is using the exact version to connect to your machine... (check)
Your machine has the DB, the authserver, and worldserver all running on it... (check)
Everything from the .conf has localhost or 127.0.0.1... (check)
Your router has 8085 and 3724 forwarded... (check)
The firewalls are enabled to communicate through 8085 and 3724... (check)
Your neighbor can ping the public IP (DNS) that you obtained from, lets say whatismyip.com ... (check)
You verified that public IP matches the DNS that you are hosting... (check)
Last but, not least. You put the public IP in the DB.realmist, and relaunched authserver... (check)

Your neighbor is able to connect... (fail)

1 of the above steps is either missing, or needs to be reconfigured.

I forgot to mention. If you modify your own .wtf file with your public IP (as if you are outside) and able to connect,.. than so can your neighbor ;)

Check to all of them my friend gets stuck on logging into game server

i tryed another core (arcemu) and that worked but i dont understand why trinity isnt working...

#6 skipperheartbeat

skipperheartbeat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Can your friend ping your no-ip name and does it resolve to your public IP address, the one you get if you go to whatsmyip.org

Can they connnect using the public IP address int the wtf instead of the DNS name?

#7 bostwickjr

bostwickjr

• Plebs
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Can your friend ping your no-ip name and does it resolve to your public IP address, the one you get if you go to whatsmyip.org

Can they connnect using the public IP address int the wtf instead of the DNS name?

yes

Edited by bostwickjr, 14 June 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#8 Posthumus

Posthumus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

yes

Ok, so this sounds to be a DNS issue. If your friend can connect using the IP.

#9 bostwickjr

bostwickjr

• Plebs
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

Ok, so this sounds to be a DNS issue. If your friend can connect using the IP.

no

#10 bostwickjr

bostwickjr

• Plebs
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

he can only connect to my server if he is useing the arcemu repack that is temporary till i get trinity to start up...

#11 bostwickjr

bostwickjr

• Plebs
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

ok so my friend he gets stuck on logging into game server.... he cant access the server at all without the DNS if the reslmlist is the DNS it says logging to game server but if he has my external IP he cant even get to that it says cant connect as if the server wasnt even up.....

i guess my question is how does this even work?? O.o my external is the same as whats on my DNS

OK so ive literally have spend all day yesterday trying to get this server public ive worked on the server database for a little over 6 Months and would like to have my friends join ive done everything humanly possible first i got a Static IP, Then Forwarded 8085 and 3724, Edited my host files, got a DNS (No-IP), i changed my Realm list to the DNS, gave the DNS to my friend and he says he is stuck on logging into game server, im the only one that is able to get into the server but thats only because im 127.0.0.1 (localhost).

I currently have the Modem/Router C1000a (Centrylink), i have talked with my ISP they say it is fully capable of running a World of warcraft private server. i looked on my router it even has a tab to easily forward ports needed for a private server..... of course its the arcemu port so i had to go in and do the ports my self.

i swear if its like a 1 step process or like 1 thing im missing... ima be mad lol

Spoiler

Edited by bostwickjr, 19 June 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#12 Guybrush

Guybrush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

i have talked with my ISP they say it is fully capable of running a World of warcraft private server.

I laughed pretty hard at this.

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

#13 Tango

Tango

• Plebs
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

It probably is. :P

There are many factors that can cause your issue, so here are some steps you can follow:

1. Open your ports - 3724 Relamlist port, 8085 World port.

2. Get a static ip or a DNS.

3. Change the HOSTS file - Go to C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/etc/ , open with Notepad the hosts file and edit the following:

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#    127.0.0.1        localhost
#    yourIP           yourdyndns

4. Change the realmlist - Open your database, go into the auth database and open the realmlist table. There, change the address from 127.0.0.1 to yourIP.

5. Make sure your Apache and MySQL work as they should.

6. Start the Auth and World server.

7. Make sure your firewall doesn't block anything.

8. Give your friends your ip address and tell them to update their realmlist.wtf

If you follow those steps, everything should work like a charm.

Edited by Tango, 19 June 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#14 Brian

Brian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

Let me guess, you are using 4.3.4. If so, blizz no longer allows DNS entries in the realmlist.wtf, you must use your IP.

If this is 3.3.5a -- ignore what I just said. Blizz didn't remove the ability to use DNS in realmlist.wtf until 4.x

-- Brian

#15 Posthumus

Posthumus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Why did you create a duplicate post?

http://www.trinityco...-server-public/

#16 Paradox

Paradox

Know it all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

Let me guess, you are using 4.3.4. If so, blizz no longer allows DNS entries in the realmlist.wtf, you must use your IP.

If this is 3.3.5a -- ignore what I just said. Blizz didn't remove the ability to use DNS in realmlist.wtf until 4.x

-- Brian

Could someone sticky this, please?

#17 Aokromes

Aokromes

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

Nope, that info is invalid. We had that problem on the past with realmlist table, but that's false now.

#18 Paradox

Paradox

Know it all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

Oh, nevermind then...

#19 bostwickjr

bostwickjr

• Plebs
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

Why did you create a duplicate post?

http://www.trinityco...-server-public/

because no one was responding....

It probably is. :P

There are many factors that can cause your issue, so here are some steps you can follow:

1. Open your ports - 3724 Relamlist port, 8085 World port.

2. Get a static ip or a DNS.

3. Change the HOSTS file - Go to C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/etc/ , open with Notepad the hosts file and edit the following:

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#    127.0.0.1        localhost
#    yourIP           yourdyndns

4. Change the realmlist - Open your database, go into the auth database and open the realmlist table. There, change the address from 127.0.0.1 to yourIP.

5. Make sure your Apache and MySQL work as they should.

6. Start the Auth and World server.

7. Make sure your firewall doesn't block anything.

8. Give your friends your ip address and tell them to update their realmlist.wtf

If you follow those steps, everything should work like a charm.

and ive done that thats what i dont get.... i have static and DNS...

Edited by bostwickjr, 20 June 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#20 bostwickjr

bostwickjr

• Plebs
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

OK so i have a freshly compiled server and i have a static ip and DNS the external ip is in my AUTH/REALMLIST and my realm list is my DNS (I've also tried the external ip and my internal ip) and my friends can connect but i can't :( i dont know why ive even tryed to make my realmlist in my wow folder 127.0.0.1 it doesn't work I've tried making a realm that has 127.0.0.1 for the ip... and no luck :( is it because the static ip? or because im running it off my computer my DNS is able to be pinged along with my external ip

Your Help would be much appreciated :)

P.S ive done a search just cant find anything...

Edited by bostwickjr, 21 June 2013 - 06:19 AM.